Cala-Lily

Random thoughts, reactions and ruminations of a liberal, independent woman, frequent traveler and librarian. Favorite flower: cala lily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

UH Manoa Library School Graduate & proud Douglass alumna!!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Welcome to my blog!

Aloha,

Now that I'm back in NJ, I find it hard to share my thoughts and ideas with all my dear friends, so here I am, blogging! I enjoy reading everyone else's stuff and I figured it's about time I take a pro-active role in communication.

It's been really hard getting used to NJ again. Mainly shoes. I am having an incredibly hard time with closed shoes. OK, so I rarely wore basic slippahs cause I need more support than that, but my toes loved being free!

The weather's been so-so. I love the crisp Fall days, but not the damp, windy, cold ones. Clothes are so much more work here. You need inside clothes and outside clothes and it's all so complicated! In Hawaii, you just needed a cover-up for the AC. I know I'm whining, but it's mainly because I'm trying to avoid the real issue, which is that I miss all my Hawaii friends and colleagues so much.

I'm hoping that in the future I'll have more interesting things to say, but for now I just wanted to set this up and get started (while I'm waiting for my photos to upload to flickr).

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Drew said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Pink flamingoes and clothes seem about right for blog discourse. :>

We miss you too, and hope you are doing fine as you readjust to East Coast living.

Good luck on the job search! I'm sure you'll get a good position.

I'm behind on my blog and other reading these days. Curriculum Committee is taking a lot of time, but we're making slow progress. Today I am redoing all of those 24 UH-2 Forms you got us started. Thanks again for everything.

Take care.
Drew

10/30/2006 1:19 AM  
Blogger Teen Zone said...

Hi!!!! Love the background.

10/30/2006 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home