Cala-Lily

Random thoughts, reactions and ruminations of a liberal, independent woman, frequent traveler and librarian. Favorite flower: cala lily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

UH Manoa Library School Graduate & proud Douglass alumna!!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Miscellany

Haven't written much lately as you can see. Actually, there's alot I want to blog about, but I just have to get over the idea that it all needs to be "champagne" quality. It's so much easier to comment on other folks blogs :-) I want to write about books and what I think about certain issues and sometime soon about being a librarian or archivist (I hope).

Right now I feel like I'm back in school. I signed up for a one-day workshop on Archiving Literary Manuscripts to be given by SAA at the NYPL. Aside from the fact that it's a topic I am interested in, I thought it might be a good way of networking. But they e-mailed me a whole bunch of pre-readings (about as many as we had for one of PJ's or RK's classes!!). So I've been sitting here with a yellow highlighter.... To tell the truth, it feels good!

Other than searching for a job, just doing family errands -- I call it running a Car Service for the Aged and the Infirm, but honestly I consider it paying back for all the rides people gave me when I didn't drive, and more recently in Honolulu when I couldn't afford a car. And procrastinating household cleaning tasks by reading lots of books (more about them later), exploring flickr and watching Law & Order. ;-)

Gotta get a job, gotta get a job, gotta get a job.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane M. Wylie said...

Hi, Lillian,

I think that's great that you are taking a class. You never know where you might meet the right person with the right contacts for that dream job!

Thank heavens blogging is not expected to be perfect or I would have to give it up too.

Good luck in the hunt!

11/17/2006 8:46 AM  
Blogger Teen Zone said...

I was just thinking that I check several blogs daily and it seems like no one has blogged much lately. Then I realized I haven't blogged on my personal page since June. Okay, I have no room to talk.

Glad you are staying busy. I am going to call you soon, I promise;-) Miss you tons!

11/17/2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home