Cala-Lily

Random thoughts, reactions and ruminations of a liberal, independent woman, frequent traveler and librarian. Favorite flower: cala lily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

UH Manoa Library School Graduate & proud Douglass alumna!!

Friday, December 29, 2006

Soothing the Savage Beast

Like much of my generation, I am a junkie of classic rock, but otherwise have somewhat eclectic tastes. I love to listen to my CD's while driving fast on the highway. Here's what's on the 6-disc CD changer (you state of the art ipod junkies think this is quaint, I know!) in my '97 Explorer LapisMobile right now:

U2 - U218 Singles
Tony Bennett - Duets: An American Classic
Bon Jovi - Cross Road
Billy Joel - Greatest Hits: Volume III
Jack Johnson -In Between Dreams
Bruce Springsteen -Devils and Dust (There's always at least one Bruce album in my car CD changer at all times!)

As you can see, I mix some new acquisitions and recycle some old stuff. Since I don't do long drives all that often, I usually have a set in there for 2-3 months. If I do alot of driving I switch out more often.Besides Bruce, frequent recycles include Queen, the Who, Melissa Etheridge, Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton, The Eagles, CSNY, Ray Charles, Elton John and the Broadway Cast Album of Les Miserables

And on my computer CD drive, some new Xmas gifts that I requested and Santa was kind enough to comply:
Il Divo - Siempre (currently playing)
Rod Stewart - Still the Same...Great Rock Classics of Our Time (about to go in) BTW, why "of our time?" There really was no rock before "our time", n'est-ce pas?

So now you know something more about me. How about you? What do you listen to?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know me. I'm a huge junk music addict. I love top 40 because it's easy and sticks with you far longer than it should. Brandon and Jason hate it but it does work well with my job since the majority of teens also listen to top 40.

I also like some country music but don't really listen to it because again, Brandon hates it. But I make sure to keep up with my favorite artists.

However, I usually end up listening to whatever is on Brandon's iPod.. he listens to a lot of Heavy Metal and Classic Rock.

Santa brought me:
Now 23
Keith Urban-Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing
John Mayer-Continuum

I can't wait to buy the new Norah Jones, which comes out at the end of January.

12/29/2006 6:31 PM  
Blogger Lillian said...

Christian:
I suspect it's only odd cause I don't look my age? Rock concerts are filled with people like me -- most with their teen-aged kids in tow! And...I have trouble picturing you singing along to country music!!

BTW, the Il Divo is fabulous but this particular Rod Stewart somewhat disappointing. Too bad, I really like his own stuff and his recent covers of American standards.

12/31/2006 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home