Cala-Lily

Random thoughts, reactions and ruminations of a liberal, independent woman, frequent traveler and librarian. Favorite flower: cala lily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

UH Manoa Library School Graduate & proud Douglass alumna!!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Another Year Older...

Another December, another birthday. Does anyone know if I can officially move my birthday to a month with less celebratory competition?

I dislike having a birthday in December, for obvious reasons, so I try to make a point of celebrating it in some specific way. This year, I celebrated by going down to Atlantic City for the weekend with my travel and shopping buddy Judy. I know, tres pedestrian and tacky, but what can I say? I am a woman of eclectic interests. (The night before I went to see a Shakespeare play with my friend Angela and my niece Melissa -- we have season's tickets.) And Judy did treat me to an absolutely scrumptious dinner at a very elegant restaurant.

No, I did not win, but we did take some time out to explore the new outlets in AC and got some great bargains!

This has been a year of transition. From LIS Program to MLISc. From student to officially unemployed! (I guess a more positive spin would be "job hunter".) From Hawaii (back) to NJ. From open sandals (back) to shoes and socks. From (relatively) neat and spacious apartment (back) to cluttered space with 20 years of baggage... From focusing mostly on myself (back) to dealing with family issues. Lots of stuff to ponder and write about...but even I can't take much time to think about it all right now. I'm still working on my Xmas cards and planning final holiday purchases, egads! And I'm not even employed.

Nevertheless, I wanted to thank all who sent birthday cards or gifts or email or called to let me know you were thinking of me as I marked another year of my history. It is very much appreciated!

1 Comments:

Blogger mona said...

Happy birthday, Lillian! It was so great to see you. I agree, 2006 was a doozy. Hope 2007 brings shiny new jobs for both of us! Meanwhile, hope you and your family have a great holiday.

12/20/2006 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home