Cala-Lily

Random thoughts, reactions and ruminations of a liberal, independent woman, frequent traveler and librarian. Favorite flower: cala lily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

UH Manoa Library School Graduate & proud Douglass alumna!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Talkin' 'bout my generation

Surprise, surprise, the boomers love to read! See the Newsweek article about
Boomers and the books that defined their generation. But the more interesting part to me is the love for books that endures. I keep thinking about how back then the "establishment" expected rock 'n roll, hippies and radicals to destroy the world as they knew it...and in some way I guess they did...but yet again books rule!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Drew said...

Ya! Books can rule, and question the rules at the same time. Yippee!

4/20/2007 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home