Cala-Lily

Random thoughts, reactions and ruminations of a liberal, independent woman, frequent traveler and librarian. Favorite flower: cala lily.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

UH Manoa Library School Graduate & proud Douglass alumna!!

Friday, January 05, 2007

Potpourri

Just a few thoughts on some random things I'm currently pondering:

  • Strange weather: This was our first snowless December in 130 years. Not that I'm complaining, but it is weird. It's warm too -- in the 50s the last couple of days and tomorrow it's supposed to hit 70 (F). I know it's decades too early to know for sure, but I can't help thinking it's related to global warming. (The people in Denver might beg to differ, but I've heard that they have had a 10-year snow drought until this year.)
  • Strange universe: A small meteorite fell on a house in NJ and crashed thru the roof. I like to think of it as a message from outer space. Wonder what they're trying to tell us?
  • Bush's latest unilateral abridgement of my basic right to privacy. See CaffeineAddict's blog. (Duh, if you end up curtailing my rights, one might contend that the terrorists have won. How about we just work on efficient and effective use of our resources????)
  • My own hypocrisy: Much as privacy issues bother me, I readily give up privacy for convenience all the time. To wit, EZPass. It has really cut down on travel time -- and I give thanks every time I whiz thru a toll. But, of course, it means someone could track where I've been...I guess we all have to compromise on some things -- life's too short! (but I'm still conflicted.)
  • Diners: about 1/3 of all the diners in the world are located in NJ! (Source: paper placemat in my local diner!) From personal experience, most of the ones in NJ are Greek-owned or managed, so you can always get a good spanakopita, moussaka and baklava at a NJ diner. The rest of the world could use a few more diners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home